Carlin has a special interest and passion in supporting those with cancer, as she has supported her own husband through his fight with cancer, chemotherapy treatment, and bone marrow transplant*. Carlin works closely with GPs, oncologists and hematologists to ensure that all concerned parties are fully aware of the support being provided. She is very familiar with the conventional diagnostic tests, blood markers and treatments of cancer, and will ensure that none of your naturopathic treatment interferes with your medical treatment. She uses evidence-based treatments to safely support people on their cancer journey and compliment allopathic treatment.
Naturopathy has an amazing array of tools to support those with various forms of cancer, including:
- Help the body to maintain strength and stamina during treatment
- Reduce side-effects of surgery, chemotherapy and/or radiation (infections, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, mouth sores, etc)
- Reduce harmful effects of cancer on the body, such as minimizing weight-loss and organ damage
- Increase the strength of the body's natural defenses, which may help reduce the spread of cancer or recurrence and may reduce treatment-related infections
- Increase appetite and improve digestion during treatment resulting in more energy
- Provide valuable meditation and other relaxation techniques to help support a healthy attitude and positive outlook
- Suggest foods that will help strengthen, balance, nourish the body and fight cancer
Carlin provides specific advice based on the patient's unique situation. Each patient reacts to conventional cancer treatment differently and may experience different side effects.
Cancer patients who use naturopathic herbs, supplements, supportive diet, and lifestyle recommendations during their treatment with chemotherapy, surgery, or radiation often report:
- More energy
- Less nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, infections
- Less treatment side effects
- Improved Sleep
- Quicker recovery times from treatment
- Higher quality of life
- A greater sense of empowerment
Post cancer treatment patients can also benefit from specific naturopathic herbs, supplements, supportive diet and lifestyle improvements to help keep cancer at bay and improve overall health and wellness.
Carlin is passionate about sharing the valuable information and research that helps those with cancer. Carlin regularly presents at cancer support groups and is on the faculty of the Green Medicine Institute. Please contact Carlin if you are interested in having her present at your next function, seminar or support group.
* In solidarity with the multiple myeloma community, all multiple myeloma patients receive a 25% discount on Carlin's services*